Why is playback continuously buffering?
If your playback in Kodi constantly pauses in order to buffer, it is due to your internet connection. Once Kodi starts playing, Gaia is out of the picture and is therefore not responsible for the slow
streaming. Buffering can be caused by restrictions on your internet connection or the server the file is streamed from. Even premium debrid servers are sometimes slow.
You can try one of the following to improve the situation:
- Make sure that no other programs or Kodi addons are downloading in the background and hogging your connection.
- If you are using the local manual download or automatic caching option in Gaia, make sure there are no running downloads: Gaia → Settings →
- If you have a VPN enabled, try switching it off. Sometimes VPNs can be slow and cause the buffering.
- If you have no VPN enabled, try using one. Sometimes ISPs shape your connection, especially from websites and servers you consume a lot of data from. Using a VPN might circumvent
certain limits imposed on you.
- Check if your premium debird service is currently experiencing some issues.
- Conduct a speed test directly in Gaia to determine how fast your connection is in Kodi.
- Adjust your filter settings or make use of the bandwidth optimization in the settings to only list streams that can be smoothly watched given the current connection speed: Gaia → Settings → Manual/Automation.
- Try a stream from a different provider or use a different debrid service.
If this does not solve the problem, there is nothing Gaia can do about it.
Last Updated: 06 Jan 2018